Arriva TrainCare require an experienced Stores Assistant to join the team based in Bristol, this is a full-time permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 07.00 - 15.00hrs.
Arriva is part of the Deutsche Bahn group, one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing over 55,900 people and delivering more than 1.5 billion passenger journeys across 15 European countries every year.
Arriva TrainCare provides Light and Heavy Train Maintenance services to the railway industry from its five strategically located maintenance depots. We are a successful, rapidly evolving organisation and currently employ over 240 people.
The Stores Assistant is a key role within the Material Team, operating in a dynamic engineering environment, reporting to the Materials Manager. You will be responsible for supporting and assisting the Stores Team in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Bristol Stores. The role is also responsible for day to day duties assisting the Engineering Team Leader on the depot as required.
Stores Assistant Key Duties:
- Loading and unloading of delivery vehicles
- Undertaking goods inward inspections and book into SAP as appropriate
- Put away delivered material into correct storage locations & manage bin locations in SAP
- Controlled issuing of ad hoc material both physically and in SAP
- Preparing and picking material against pre-defined kit lists and delivering to point of use materials storage area, booking out to defined sub-jobs in SAP
- Collect material not required from point of use areas and return to location in stores and return in SAP appropriately
- Return material required for overhaul etc to suppliers packaged and protected appropriately
- Responsible for ensuring good housekeeping and cleanliness in general areas
- Fork lift driving duties as required covering stores and shop floor requirements
- Carry out cleaning or simple supervised maintenance tasks on rail vehicles at the discretion of the Team Leader
- Collection & delivery to local suppliers/Arriva TrainCare sites as and when required
The ideal Stores Assistant will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Full UK driving licence
- Valid fork lift licence
- Good educational standard (minimum GCSE level or equivalent)
- Strong IT skills - good working knowledge of Excel, Word and ideally SAP
- Conversant with inventory control techniques e.g min/max, 2 bin, stock scheduling
- Understanding of material non-conformance processes
- UK rail industry knowledge (desirable)
As well as the following key skills and behaviours:
- Able to problem solve and work to targets/KPI's
- Successful and concise communication
- Excellent understanding of working to standards and procedures
- Ability to work with others and build good, professional relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst maintaining a positive attitude
- Be adaptive to change, self-motivated and proactive
If you think you have what it takes to become our new Stores Assistant then please click 'Apply' today and don't miss out!
We do our very best to respond to all applications that we receive, however, if you have not received a response from Arriva Train Care after 8 weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Arriva is committed to diversity, if you're good you're welcome.
Data Protection Act 1998
The Company needs to collect and use certain types of information about employees, in order to operate its business and to fulfil its legal obligations under the Data Protection Act.
The Company will hold such information on file for as long as it considers necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it has been obtained and to process (including disposing and destroying) it in accordance with the Data Protection Principles and the other requirements of the Act and any other procedures laid down by the Company for this purpose from time to time.
The Company will undertake all reasonable precautions at all times to ensure that the details recorded are correct and will guard information against any unauthorised access and use.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.