Jackson is one of the largest privately owned Civil Engineering contractors operating across the UK and we are now recruiting for experienced Site Engineers to primarily work around the West Midlands and South Yorkshire Area.
The main purpose of the Site Engineer is to progress the construction process and assist in delivering the project.
- Setting out using total stations, GPS equipment, and to be able to undertake traditional setting out using profiles, batter rail and pegs
- Read and review construction drawings
- Undertake basic take-off's
- Raising technical queries with designers and other members of the client team
- Have a good commercial understanding and know the difference between cost and value
- Carry out relevant inspections and testing to ensure conformance of the works with the design and specification
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
Are you the person we are looking for?
This is no ordinary company, here at Jackson we pride ourselves on being a first class firm and for that we need first class people!
We are seeking a proactive problem solver, a confident communicator, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of earthworks, drainage, highways, and some experience of reinforced concrete structures. Must also have a CSCS card in the appropriate discipline and ideally hold a CITB SMSTS/ SSSTS qualification. The successful candidate would have undertaken a course and competent to use cable avoidance tools and understand HSG47.
Due to the nature of the role a full UK driving license is essential and the successful candidate will be happy to travel throughout our Northern Region.
A First Aid at Work qualification would also be desirable.
We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don't just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.