Siemens Aero-derivative Gas Turbines (AGT) is currently recruiting for a Service Engineer within our service engineering function. Reporting to the Chief Service Engineer, the successful candidate will be based at the services headquarters in Warwick and will work with a diverse team of engineers across the AGT organisation.
Over the past few years,our aero-derivative turbine businesshas successfully grown to be a £1 billion per annum global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. It is our vision to be the customers' first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions.
What are my main responsibilities?
- Take ownership and delivery of technical solutions for both short term and longer term operational issues, working with a variety of teams across the business
- Utilisation of Root Cause Analysis tools and techniques for speedy issue resolution
- Author relevant Service Documentation such as Service Bulletins, Service Technical Instructions and Troubleshooting Guides.
- Work closely with the 24/7 Operational Service Desk, Regional Technical Support and Core Engineering teams in support of all issues
- Interface with the customer to present updates on technical issues being worked
- Occasional travel to other Siemens and customer sites worldwide will be required
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Knowledge of relevant product hardware, operation and overhaul
- Experience in the application of Root Cause Analysis tools and techniques is highly desirable
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Experience of working with diverse teams
- High level of customer understanding and customer focus
Siemens has been at the forefront of engineering innovation for over 160 years. ItsGas Turbine businessesare world renowned for the research, development, manufacture and lifetime support of industrial gas turbines to the global oil and gas and power generation industries. Our expertise is constantly evolving and our business keeps growing. As part of this, we rely on the innovation and creative thinking from our employees.
This role forms part of thePower Services divisionand is the world's leading supplier of products, services and solutions for power generation. Its extensive portfolio comprises of highly efficient technologies for thermal power plants, renewables, power transmission and for the extraction, processing and transport of oil and gas.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. If you are appointed in to this role you will receive Siemens PLC terms, conditions and benefits.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.