As a leading global engineering and technology services company, Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the world's major challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. Siemens realises that it's only through our people that we can continue to outpace our competitors, break new ground and set new standards for progress in societies worldwide. That's why we work hard to make sure we offer excellent rewards and opportunities to our employees.
Siemens plc, Rail Systems provides expertise and technology in the full range of rail vehicles - from heavy rail to metros to trams and light-rail vehicles. In the UK, Siemens plc, Rail Systems employs around 750 people and maintains over 360 Siemens passenger trains for First TransPennine Express, South West Trains, Heathrow Express, Greater Anglia Franchise (Abellio), Northern Rail, London Midland and ScotRail. In addition to manufacturing the new Desiro City trains for Thameslink and SouthWest Trains, the company is supplying Eurostar with its new high speed Velero fleet of trains.
Siemens Rail systems have an exciting opportunityfor a Senior Technician, basedat theEurostar Temple Mills Depotin London, to provide technical support for the customers maintenance team on site and at incidents off depot.
What are my responsibilities?
- With minimal supervision investigate rolling stock casualties, fault finding and repair of the allocated rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan.
- Regularly monitor train defects and failures in traffic and liaise with the customer.
- Mitigating the risk of in service failures through proactive intervention.
- Download and process train diagnostic data, undertake fault finding to an advanced level.
- Produce complex, analytical technical reports on fault investigation.
- Live closure of work reports within CMMS system.
- Act as Siemens representative on shift, providing technical support to the Operator's maintenance staff.
- Assist other team members, both Siemens and customer, with the development of technical skills by acting as a mentor.
- Specialise in areas of technical expertise.
- As required, attend off-depot meetings to support technical Investigations and resolution.
- Liaise with all Siemens departments, where required, to support the delivery of the contract.
- If required, deputise for line manager.
- Undertake stores and materials support during periods of downtime or absence.
- Record and report all information relevant to Operational Safety Incidents / Accidents, service defects and failures in a detailed and efficient manner.
- As required, respond to trends in unit defects and make recommendations on possible mitigations and counter measure.
- Undertake audits of customer's maintenance practices to ensure that maintenance is undertaken in accordance with the relevant standards.
- Undertake performance analysis duties during periods of downtime or absence (site specific).
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Relevant engineering qualification or experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering environment
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Understands and cares for tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Ability to fault-find using a number of different methods including diagnostic software
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
- Ability to produce detailed analytical technical reports
- Good communication skills
- In depth knowledge of rolling stock systems / procedures including schematics, fault finding techniques and download analysis
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. We believe reward and opportunity are key parts of working at Siemens. This role encompasses a generous overall reward package made up of a competitive salary and agenerous bonus scheme. Siemens employees have the opportunity to take advantage of our additional benefits schemes such as BUPA, retail discounts, life assurance and many more.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.