Senior Project Engineer - HVAC/Climate Control Systems
Basis: Permanent or Contract
Reports to: Chief Engineer - Electrical Systems
Financial package: Negotiable based upon qualifications, skills and experience
Salary: £45k + benefits (perm) or £310 per day (contract)
Based: Essex (with some UK and overseas travel)
- Responsibility for HVAC systems for a range of hybrid electric vehicles. This includes system hardware, functionality and performance
- Support and management of our partner OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers for donor technology, new/modified designs, essential function, HMI and calibration development
- Cross-function leadership between Electrical, Powertrain and Interior Function Groups in order to ensure an integrated, efficient and effective HVAC system
- Ensure parts are correctly packaged into the vehicle in conjunction with Vehicle Integration and CAD Design team
- Lead and co-ordinate HVAC system review, verification & validation activities including objective and attribute assessment throughout the development lifecycle
- Release responsible for HVAC parts on the Electrical BOM. Ensure that HVAC parts are correctly structured on the BOM and strive to achieve cost targets, weight targets and delivery timing to support vehicle build phases
- Issue management support, from problem identification through to introduction of final countermeasure using company issue management system
- Supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle
- Provision of information, support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments
- Preparation of reports and feedback to the technical and project management teams
- Demonstrable experience (5+ years) of Automotive HVAC/Climate Control design and/or development at systems or vehicle level. Experience of hybrid vehicle systems HVAC would be advantageous
- Demonstrable experience of HVAC system specification generation, functional definition, calibration and assessment are essential
- Experience of engineering and business release processes within the automotive sector.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc.)
- Practical experience of using CAD packages (CATIA) or visualisation applications
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills - at ease coordinating a team of engineers and suppliers
- Flexible, enthusiastic and methodical individual who is self-motivated, able to work well under own initiative and remain focused under pressure
- Full driving licence essential
Electrical, Electronic Systems, Electro-mechanical, Automotive or similar engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience may be considered.
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Chief Engineer.
To apply you must have no visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
Emerald Automotive Design Ltd specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low-emission and long-range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Essex, with facilities in Coventry, USA, Sweden and China. Emerald Automotive is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely). Emerald is currently undertaking several whole vehicle design and development programmes for Geely.
For further information, please contact Bev Strawford at Emerald Design Automotive Ltd.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.