Senior Environmental Consultant (6 Months Contract)
Location: Luton, UK
We currently have an urgent requirement for an Environmental Consultant to provide environmental support to the General Motors Limited UK headquarters site in Luton, UK. Site operations include: administrative headquarters, vehicle workshops, car valeting operations and canteen/catering facilities.
Following an environmental regulatory compliance review by GM Audit Services (GMAS), consultancy support will be required to:
- Develop and implement measures to address and manage any environmental regulatory non-compliance issues identified, (some reference material is available)
- Provide staff training in environmental requirements, (some reference material is available); and
- Identify reporting requirements up to the Board.
You will be expected to act as the on-site technical contact/competent person for environmental issues.
Following an environmental regulatory compliance review, sustainable corrective actions need to be developed and implemented with consultation and agreement of the GM Global Environmental Compliance and Sustainability (GECS) headquarters team, including systematic processes and procedures to address all non-compliant situations and ensure future regulatory compliance.
In particular a robust waste "duty of care" process is required to be implemented for the site. Some reference material will be available, including a list of GM approved waste disposal sites and waste carriers.
Training will need to be provided to relevant staff to enable them to fulfill their environmental compliance obligations moving forward, particularly with regard to waste management and "duty of care" requirements. You should identify, develop and provide the training programmes (with consultation and agreement of the GM GECS headquarters team), as required (some reference material is available).
Training materials should be provided in both hard copy and electronic versions and will become GM property after the training.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- High degree of technical knowledge and practical experience relating to UK environmental regulatory requirements.
- Specific focus on waste and "duty of care" requirements.
- Experience of designing and delivering training programmes at all levels of the workforce.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.