Senior Electronics Engineer
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Salary: Competitive, D.O.E
Contract: Full time, permanent
This is an opportunity to join our team of 25 based in our Macclesfield, Cheshire headquarters. We design and manufacture high value (£250K+) robotic machines for testing large printed circuit boards (PCB`s). These complex products comprise electronic hardware, software, motion control, machine vision and precision mechanics. A high proportion of our sales are in China and the USA. We have wholly owned subsidiaries in both these locations. Our staff in these locations provides sales and support for these key market areas. We have been established for 17 years and are the world leader in this niche market.
- Design, develop and test analogue and digital electronic boards used in our industrial grade robotic machines.
- Write embedded software.
- Support and improve existing products.
- Provide support to other team members including schematic and PCB reviews.
- Maintain up to date technical documentation including manuals and reports.
- Carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities.
- Analogue and digital circuit design (ideally measurement circuitry)
- Design simulation of electronic circuits
- PCB design including high frequency (GHz range)
- Closed loop motion control systems
- Machine wiring
- Physical layer communication requirements for USB, Ethernet, CAN and other industrial protocols
- Embedded C (C++ would be an advantage)
- Microchip Pic32 series of microcontrollers
- Xilinx CPLDs
You will be working in a small team of highly skilled engineers and involved in initial concept though to production. Occasionally providing telephone support for overseas customers or our own staff (in different time zones) will be necessary. Occasional overseas travel may also be necessary.
Candidates are expected to be degree qualified in an electronic engineering or a physics related subject with at least 5 years post graduate experience.
If you believe you could fulfil this important position in our company, please apply today to submit your CV with a covering letter.
Keywords: Electronics Engineer, Electronic Design Engineer, Electronics, Design Engineer, Digital, Analogue, Circuits, Circuit Design, PIC32, Renesas RX63N, USB, Ethernet, PCB, PCB's, C++, C
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.