We are looking for a Sampling and Analysis Technician to joing our team in Tilbury, Essex.
Job Title: Sampling & Analysing Technician
Location: Tilbury, Essex
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week (Occasional weekend work may be required)
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 (+£1,300 London Weighting)
Stobart Group is an Infrastructure and Support Services business operating in the biomass energy, railway maintenance and aviation sectors as well as having investments in a property and logistics portfolio.
Sampling and Analysis Technician - What's the role?
- To follow methodologies and procedures for assessing incoming material and outbound finished goods
- To carry out sampling and testing of processed biomass materials in line with company procedures
- To provide a Quality Resource to management
- To carry out QC audits on other SBPL and/or 3rd party sites
- To liaise internally and externally to ensure that the test methods being utilised reflect the company procedures and best industry practice
- To assist in the development and improvement of all QC processes
Sampling and Analysis Technician - What will I be responsible for?
- Ensure that the correct procedures, instructions and forms required for assessing quality of finished goods are followed
- Gather and dispatch samples of material to suitably accredited laboratories
- Analyse samples for Moisture Content and Particle Size Distribution
- Prepare samples for external chemical testing and liaise with laboratories/couriers as required
- Maintain a good working relationship with the laboratories and 3rd party supply sites and be able to discuss and resolve any issues
- Manage retention samples for future testing and ensure space is well utilised on Site laboratories
- Provide guidance on Stobart Biomass QC procedures to third party suppliers - escalate any concerns to management
- Raise purchase order requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Highlight to site/operational/contract managers any quality non-conformances against specific contracts and supply agreements
- Keep up to date with all relevant legislation and best practice concerning Quality Control
- Visit 3rd party supply sites; undertake audits and take samples for analysis at a Stobart laboratory
- Take on new and extra responsibilities as reasonably requested
To submit your CV for this exciting Sampling and Analysis Technician opportunity, please click 'Apply' now.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a package including company pension scheme and uniform.
For Stobart employees: If you are short-listed for an interview, you must inform your line manager in advance.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.