Calsonic Kansei has a unique opportunity available for a R&D Design Engineer to join the team in Millbrook, Bedfordshire. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £37,896 - £40,968 per annum depending on experience plus benefits.
Calsonic Kansei is a Global Automotive Company with a Network of 78 Bases in 16 Different Countries. Our Calsonic Kansei Research and Development Technology Departments develop Innovative and cutting edge Products with focus on the themes of Safety, Environment, and Comfort with competitive Price, Quality and Performance.
We are now looking for a R&D Design Engineer to support NX Design, CAD work & ADG Development Work for various ADG projects. Also support on successful implementation of various cost reduction ideas.
What are the responsibilities of the R&D Design Engineer?
- To work in accordance with company procedures, work and operating instructions; which comply with the requirements of TS 16949.
- To use engineering tools & techniques to ensure design quality assurance is achieved.
- To investigate failure modes and causes, suggesting possible countermeasures.
- Be able to communicate efficiently with internal/external customers.
- To actively pursue & take ownership of tasks to meet the functional objective targets/commitments.
- To be able to create & follow up timing plans for own tasks.
- Use company software systems/packages to support design release process & customer requirements.
- To support on Benchmarking & cost reduction activities.
- To be able to use NX7.5 for HVAC parts design.
- To be able to use Team Centre to maintain CAD data.
- To be able to make reports for Management review.
- Comply with Health, Safety, and Environmental systems requirements.
What skills do I need to have to become a R&D Design Engineer?
- HVAC parts design experience using UG NX7.5
- Experience in HVAC Design area would be an advantage.
- Ability to analyse & solve problems using engineering tools & techniques.
- Flexible - able to work on many different products.
- Excellent communication skills- with both internal & external customers.
- Self management for completing tasks & ability to raise roadblocks in timely manner.
- Ability to lead reviews explaining design changes to other functions.
- Self learning attitude.
- Foreign language(s) would be an advantage.
- Minimum HND in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Development experience within automotive or manufacturing industry.
- Experience of HVAC component/system.
- Experience of plastic materials & design for manufacture with plastics is desirable.
Why not click 'apply' today? Don't miss out on this opportunity to join develop your career as our R&D Design Engineer.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.