Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we'd like a helping hand. We'll be in touch if we need you.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join our joint venture GTM. You will be responsible for inputting into related aspects including estimating, design procurement, supply chain procurement and performing quantity surveying duties associated with Southern Water Non-Infrastructure Framework Agreement during the AMP6 period (2015 - 2020). The conditions of contract for the main contract are NEC3 Option C with Z clauses. The conditions of contract for subcontracts will be based on NEC3.
- Performance of the commercial aspects of projects.
- Encouragement and creation of a teamwork culture, recognising the responsibilities of the line management structure.
- Responsibility for the quantity surveying functions.
- Assistance in the procurement of subcontracts.
- To maximise profitability working within the requirements of the conditions of contract.
- Participation in the management of the team including management of resource levels, providing direction, leadership, and assessing the training and development requirements of quantity surveying staff.
- Provision of commercial expertise.
- Provision of accurate and timely commercial reports and advice to the management team.
- Maintain commercial information to the contract.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven track record covering commercial management, quantity surveying, project management and estimating services, and a sound understanding of commercial risk analysis and assessment.
- Solid understanding of NEC3 conditions of contract.
- Knowledge and experience of cost and value reporting, cash flow forecasting.
- Contract claims experience
- Procurement of subcontractors
- Experience of supervising quantity surveying staff
- Experienced in negotiation and settlement of disputes and accounts relating to customers and suppliers
- BSc or HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent commercially related discipline.
- Preferably a member of RICS or ICE
- Relevant CSCS card.
- Detailed knowledge of company management systems including:
- Commercial reports
- Risk Management
- Personnel Management
- Commercial and contractual knowledge in various forms of contract
- Working knowledge of current legislation
- Thorough understanding of the financial and commercial issues facing engineering projects
With an ambitious strategy, we're poised for further growth and success, so if you're committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UK's most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
We are one of the UK's leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 4,700 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivaled opportunities and career progression.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
Operating under Galliford Try in England and Wales and Morrison Construction in Scotland, we are a leading contractor on infrastructure projects in the public and regulated sectors. From highways and rail to renewable energy and water, delivering a specialist capability from concept and design through to project implementation and maintenance.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.