This premier helmet manufacturer has an exciting opportunity for Quality Engineer to join their Quality Team in Letchworth Garden City.
The purpose of this position is to work alongside Managers and Engineers to utilise quality methodologies and analytical techniques to monitor the performance of their products, purchased goods, and processes, and to focus on continual improvement efforts associated with each. Support for the Quality Management System (QMS) as required by ISO 9001 and AS 9100 standards.
- Support, develop. and maintain key elements of the QMS
- Collect/analyse/disseminate QMS data
- Conduct Internal and supplier QMS audits and participate in external audits
- Investigate and address customer complaints and in-house quality failures
- Participate in Continuous Improvement teams
- Participate and/or lead root cause analysis & corrective action teams
- Define & document acceptance criteria for products and processes
- Evaluate, measure and monitor supplier performance.
- Interpret customer and internal quality requirements and develop quality plans to ensure conformance
- Represent Quality in the New Product Development Process
- Design and develop inspection and test methods as required
- Proven substantial experience in quality function of a manufacturing company
- Computer literate with experience of using all Microsoft Office systems, bespoke IT packages, databases, and data analysis software
- Good verbal and written communication and inter-personal skills at all levels
- Hands on approach at investigating and solving hardware and process problems
- Basic knowledge and awareness of ISO 9001 and AS9100 Quality Management System
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in applying Lean methodologies to process improvement and new product introduction efforts is required, and the promotion of continuous improvement.
- Experience in certification process
- Familiar with Root Cause analysis tools.
- Good oral & written communication skills
- Team focused with the ability to participate in and/or lead cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with basic Quality Management System standards such as ISO 9001 or AS 9100
- Basic knowledge of six sigma and other Process Control tools, and statistical techniques
Education and Qualification:
- Educated to HNC level or working towards
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Microsoft Office
- Use of Minitab or equivalent statistical software packages a must
- Lean/six-sigma experience would be advantageous
Please be advised that they carry out Baseline Personnel Security Checks (BPSS) for all candidates during their recruitment process. Please be advised that any information provided will be processed for the purpose of a check against the UK's immigration and nationality records but may be shared with others, including the US Government pursuant to U.S Export regulations, in accordance with UK law.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.