Permanent / Contract of up to 6 months with the possibility of extension or temp to perm
We have a great opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for quality aspects of a new large contract in the nuclear sector.
They will also support the introduction of a step change in quality management within our metalworking business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the preparation and execution of a quality plan and a manufacturing, inspection & test plan for a major company project.
- Managing the introduction and execution of manufacturing special processes.
- Identifying gaps in existing quality and manufacturing procedures and working with company management to implement responses.
- Ensuring that all products are manufactured to relevant international standards and customer requirements.
- Establishing and embedding quality policies and procedures to drive consistent high-class performance.
- Planning and coordinating manufacturing quality activities and improvement programmes, including leading the continuous improvement programme and delivering training.
- Effectively representing the company to customers and regulators. Contributing to and managing audits.
- Eliminating non-conforming products.
- Working with key suppliers to develop and maintain an approved supply chain with clearly defined quality conditions.
- Representing the quality function in project gate reviews and material review boards.
- Developing and monitoring production cell/factory quality performance metrics and using these to drive improvement plans.
- Managing First Article Inspections, ensuring that quality requirements are clearly defined.
Essential requirements for this role:
- Degree, HNC, HND or equivalent in Engineering, Quality or a related field.
- At least 5 years' experience in an engineering, production engineering or quality engineering role within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of Lean, SixSigma, Statistical Process Control and other quality management methodologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of standards ISO9001 / AS9100, AQAP2105, ASME VIII, and RCCM standards.
- Action-oriented problem solver with experience of a variety of published problem solving methodologies.
- Able to build positive working relationships with staff at all levels of the organisation as well as external contacts.
- Excellent customer management and negotiating skills.
- Experienced user of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Candidates must be able to travel locally and within the UK including occasional overnight stays.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- For the contract role, a quick start would be essential.
The following are preferred, but not essential:
- Experience in a critical application sector such as nuclear, aerospace, defence, automotive or energy.
- Quality auditing certification.
- Knowledge and application of Rolls Royce Sabre.
- Experience of Microsoft Visio.
- Full driving license.
TPG Engineering is part of the TP Group plc. With existing core strengths in the design, manufacture, and repair of heat exchangers as well as subcontract fabrication, we have ambitious plans for growth as a provider of high quality complex equipment and lifecycle engineering services.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and a covering letter detailing your current salary and benefits package to the HR email address.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.