Support the deployment of advanced quality assurance planning throughout the business and supply chain under the Zero Defects = Zero Harm banner. Conduct internal and 3rd party/vendor procedural and process audits. Management of Customer/Supplier quality related issues.
What are my responsibilities?
Full or Shared or Support
Quality/process focused Continuous Improvement
- Identify and drive quality/process improvement opportunities and initiatives across the business including 3rd parties/suppliers
- Conduct internal and 3rd party/supplier procedural and process audits in line with agreed audit schedule with effective follow up, planning & management.
Quality Plan preparation & reviews
- Assist in the preparation and review of internal/3rd party and supplier Quality Plans.
Supplier Quality evaluation
- Participate in Supplier evaluations and performance monitoring programmes based on set of agreed KPI's and targets
Quality issue resolution
- Support robust resolution of Customer/Supplier quality related issues using standard problem resolution tools ie 8D
- Participate in FAI activity throughout the Material Supply Chain.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Siemens has zero tolerance for unsafe ways of working and as an employee in Siemens:
- Adhere to Siemens safety systems and controls in line with Rail Systems HSQE Company policies.
- Take responsibility for raising issues of concern.
- Fully participate and engage in our behavioural safety agenda to ensure we work safely.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and others affected by our own acts or omissions.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and 'Tell Us' ethos.
This role profile may vary from time to time in accordance with changes to business needs. Your annual objective setting with your line manager will outline any additional responsibilities to meet business requirements or individual development needs for the forthcoming financial year.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- HNC/HND, degree or equivalent in Engineering, Quality, Safety or related discipline
- Practical experience in ISO9001 Management Systems
- Good understanding of process capability, metrics and improvement methodology and tools
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance planning methodologies and tools ie APQP, FMEA, Six Sigma, 8D
- Good understanding of standards applicable to the railway environment
- Certified Auditor with experience undertaking internal/external audits against Management Systems and contract requirements
- Some knowledge and experience of PM, Engineering, delivery processes and SCM applicable to either railway, aerospace, automotive or construction industries
- Relevant engineering qualification in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering discipline
The UK rail industry is growing at an exciting pace, and we're looking for more enthusiastic and skilled people to join 3000 other Siemens UK employees dedicated to finding ingenious ways of improving our transport network. Over the next three years the 1600 Siemens train carriages we currently have running on the country's rail network will double to more than 3300, as we deliver brand new rolling stock to the UK.
Our commuter trains run on some of the busiest lines in and out of London for customers including South West Trains and London Midland, and our high speed trains for Eurostar make light work of travelling between London and the rest of Europe. Being behind the innovative technology and expertise that keeps people moving efficiently and safely is a responsibility we're very proud of, and our highly skilled maintenance teams are based at some of the most advanced depots in the UK and at customer-owned facilities, carrying out maintenance around the clock. To see the what goes on, visit *************************
We're currently delivering 1,140 brand new Desiro City train carriages for the Thameslink route, along with two brand new traincare depots at Three Bridges and Hornsey. And we've got our sights set on even more in the UK; from the New Tube for London project, High Speed 2 and the ongoing electrification of the railway in the North of England, the so-called 'Northern Powerhouse', it's a really exciting time to get on board with us.
Recognising the skills requirements in rail that will be needed both now and in the future to deliver all of these improvements in passenger rail travel, in partnership with NSAR (National Skills Academy for Rail), we've invested in a state-of-the-art National Training Academy for Rail which will keep the UK at the forefront of Railway Engineering. We're also committed to supporting the communities that we work in through rail workshops at a local schools to excite children about STEM subjects, carrying out volunteering and supporting valuable charity work, as well as throwing open the doors to one of our traincare depots each year to the general public. You can see more about these here **************************** We're also delighted to support and sponsor London Transport Museum's Inspire Engineering programme and are an active member of the Young Rail Professionals and the Rail Industry Association.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.