Our client is one of the largest suppliers of building materials in the UK with some of the most recognisable and renowned brands in the industry including London Brick and Thermalite. They employ around 1600 people at sites across the UK. They manufacture a wide range of products, including Bricks, Blocks, Paving and Precast Concrete as well as other more specialist products.
They are going through an exciting time having recently divested from their parent company they are growing their business to meet the needs of their customers and create their culture and brand.
They are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their team in Somercotes in the position of Project Engineer.
- This position provides technical resource for the structural engineering, design detailing and scheduling for client approval and subsequent manufacture of bespoke precast & box culverts projects.
- Working within the team, the role will have day to day responsibility to act a single point of contact on nominated contracts, liaising with client, contractor, engineers, water & local authorities, highways agency etc. and coordination internally with contracts/planning department and factory to ensure that strict design codes, specifications and programme requirements are managed and achieved.
The successful candidate will require:
- Ability to read drawings and specifications, interpret and extract relevant details in order to establish design requirements for precast components.
- Demonstrate an understanding of design codes and be competent and confident in the use of software design packages such as AutoCAD and familiar in the use of complex calculation spreadsheets.
- Experienced in the design and scheduling of reinforcement including preparation of bar bending schedules.
- General practical experience of construction and/or civil engineering projects in particular sewerage and drainage projects.
- Capable in project management of bespoke projects and ability to work with and achieve critical time constraints.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.