Do you have experience working in an NPD role within the food industry? If so, we're expanding our team and are looking for individuals just like you!
Pasta Foods are the leading dry pasta manufacturer in the UK and a world leader in the production of snack pellets. The company supplies high quality pasta to some of Britain's most famous brand names and snack pellet ingredient products for food processors in the UK and Internationally. Selling to customers in over 40 countries worldwide export makes up approximately half of the business.
Due to continued success, we are now looking to expand our Development team and introduce two New Product Development Technologists to the friendly team in Great Yarmouth. These positions offers an exciting opportunity to join the business at a key stage in its development and be a part of the success story.
New Product Development Technologist responsibilities:
This is an exciting opportunity for a New Product Development Technologist to join our Product Development department to support the businesses ongoing commitment to innovation in the food industry. You will be working as part of an exciting development pipeline within a dedicated and hardworking team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and updating pasta and snack recipes in line with customer's specifications.
- Leading/supporting new product ideas, ingredients, formulas, and processing that allow optimisation of costs and efficiency on existing formulas.
- Anticipating, investigating and resolving problems with raw materials during the development process.
- Providing the necessary detailed product information regarding pasta and snacks products to our Technical team so that specifications can be completed accurately.
- Submitting development samples in time for internal and external customers.
- Working effectively in cross functional teams including sales, commercial, technical and operations.
- Meeting challenging project targets in full and within agreed timeframes.
- Travelling to our Norwich site to attend customer visits and meetings when required.
- Keeping all paperwork in good order including recording all trials and experimental data, order and sort raw materials for laboratory Pasta and Snacksextrusion trials.
The ideal New Product Development Technologist:
To be successful for this role, you will need proven experience working within a Production Management role in a Manufacturing environment - ideally within a food environment. You will be ideally educated to degree level in a food science discipline. You will also need:
- Excellent problem solving skills - proactive in recommending and implementing actions to solve issues or improve ways of working.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety food regulations with a good understanding of HACCP.
- To be a Team player with a positive and resilient personality.
- Excellent communication skills on all levels.
- To be able to travel to our Norwich site as required.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a New Product Development Technologist then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.