Formel D is the global service provider of the automotive industry. We develop market-leading concepts as well as individual, scalable solutions along the entire automotive value chain - from development to production to aftersales.
The company was founded in 1993 at its headquarters in Troisdorf near Cologne. Today we employ over 6000 people from 45 nations in more than 80 locations in 19 countries. Passion drives us, professionalism makes us stand out and team spirit makes us successful. We work at the core of the industry that moves us every day.
For our subsidiary in United Kingdom, we are seeking:
You could also be Vehicle Technician / Mechanic Reworker /Motor Mechanic/ Auto Mechanic/Car mechanic/ Master Technician /Senior Technician /Diagnostic Technician
Location: North, Midlands and South of the UK.
Also commutable for:
Crewe, Birmingham, Chester, Manchester, Liverpool, Warrington, Stoke-On-Trent, Newcastle under Lyme, Nantwich, Wrexham,Oxford, Banbury, Abingdon, Didcot, Witney, Farringdon, Chichester, Andover, Basingstoke, Crawley, Gosport, Portsmouth, Waterlooville, Woking,London, Reading,Southampton,Birmingham,Warwick,Leamington,Stratford, Sunderland,Dunton, Dagenham
Contract Length: various contracts available depending on projects
Hours: 40 to 84 hours depending on the project
- Working in off track preparing and Finesse exterior trim, alignment of body panels and bumpers,
- Finesse and alignment of the interior panels, trim and electrical fault finding, repairs, the removal and re-fitment of any of these parts due to damage, failure or higher spec parts.
- The repair or replacement of drive train, suspension, brakes and electrical system as necessary.
- The repair of rattles, wind noises, water leaks and generally finishing the car to the highest standards of quality expected.
- Reworking and preparing Prototypes, Launch, Press and Show cars.
- Working with Engineers to further improve these cars standards of quality, from Prototype, first build phases and into production.
Successful Candidate Profile:
- BTEC OR NVQ or City & Guilds or IMI Level 3 qualified technician or mechanic desired
- BTEC OR NVQ or City & Guilds or IMI Level 2 qualification will be considered together with relevant experience
- Keen eye for detail and flexible approach to work
- Works to high quality standards and appreciates the need for quality in work undertaken
- Ideal candidate prepared to work shifts and has experience of working shifts
- Experience of reworking vehicles after production desirable in other OEM"s
Why Formel D?
- International Brand: you will be part of an International Company at the heart of the industry that drives us every day.
- Competitive rate, international opportunities and a great working environment
- Gain experience: opportunity to work and cooperate with market-leading customers in the automotive industry (manufacturers and suppliers). We offer a different experience into the automotive industry.
- Challenging experiences: through various project challenges, it is ensured that the learning curve never decreases and diverse experiences can be gathered.
- Learning Opportunities: employees will learn a vast variety of procedures and processes as well as the latest technologies that the sector has to offer.
Welcome to Formel D. The driving force
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.