Looking for an opportunity to utilise your marketing expertise and make your mark? Would you love to be part of a brand with a unique history? Talyllyn Railway have created a new role for a passionate marketing professional to help drive the railway forward with exciting plans ahead.
The historic Talyllyn Railway is the world's first preserved railway and carries over forty thousand passengers a year through the idyllic Mid-Wales countryside. In addition to the one hundred and fifty one year old railway, the attraction boasts a café and tea room, gift shop and museum, and hosts a variety of special events throughout the year with the friendly, passionate and dedicated team of employees and three hundred and fifity volunteers providing an unforgettable experience for visitors.
Reporting to the Customer Experience Manager, as the Marketing Coordinator you'll take responsibility for developing and coordinating effective marketing initiatives to deliver growth in visitor numbers and revenue, taking a proactive approach to promoting and developing the Talyllyn Railway brand.
Your responsibilities and duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Planning and organising promotional campaigns, print material, web campaigns, advertising and direct marketing
- Preparing marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives, and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns to achieve target sales forecasts
- Organising, promoting and attending special events throughout the year, analysing attendance figures and reporting on the viability of the event
- Developing and increasing the awareness of the Talyllyn Railway brand
- Tracking visitor numbers, identifying trends and conducting market research
- Preparing marketing reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising sales data
- Preparing promotional materials ready for targeted campaigns, and placing orders with suppliers for new print materials
- Planning and coordinating trade shows
- Developing digital media content, sales advertising copy and promotions
- Monitoring budgets by comparing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Developing the website content and CRM database in order to maximise the potential of the e-commerce strategy
- Handling cash, maintaining data and completing administration duties as required.
To be considered for this Marketing Coordinator role, you'll have the following experience, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Proven experience in a similar marketing role
- Strong strategic marketing experience with the ability to demonstrate strong commercial results through effective marketing
- Commercial awareness
- Superb problem solving skills with the ability to manage challenges on a day-to-day basis
- Self-motivation and a team player with an enthusiastic approach to work
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills with high level of attention to detail
- Proficiency with IT
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
A qualification within marketing and experience in graphic design is desirable, although not essential.
You'll be joining a passionate and dedicated team, where your efforts and contribution will be noticed and rewarded, and you'll have the opportunity to be a key part of Talyllyn Railway's on-going success.
Salary: £16,000 - £22,000 per annum, level dependent on current experience and qualifications
Additional Benefits: Free onsite parking
Contracted Hours: Thirty eight hours per week
Hours of Work: Flexibility is available with start and finish time, to be discussed at interview. Although you will need to be flexible to support events which may include some weekend work.
Contract type: Initially a one year contract. There may be potential for this to be extended to a permanent contract upon successful completion of the initial period.
Location: Tywyn (Gwynedd, North Wales)
This Marketing Coordinator vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Talyllyn Railway. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Talyllyn Railway, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Talyllyn Railway requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.