Vauxhall is one of the leading automotive companies in UK. It has been keeping Britain on the move since 1903 - making us the UK's oldest operational automotive brand.
Vauxhall is a big part of the General Motors group, one of the world's largest automakers. With 212,000 employees globally, touching 6 continents, speaking 50 languages and crossing 23 time zones.
Vauxhall is not only a leading brand in the automotive industry but is also known and awarded as one of Britain's TOP EMPLOYERS. Our headquarters are based in Bedfordshire, where we also have a manufacturing facility and parts warehouse.
Vauxhall is now looking to employ experienced Maintenance Manager to continue championing our success.
This Maintenance Manager is responsible leading a multi-shift maintenance team to ensure the safety and efficiency of systems and facilities within your area of responsibility. Reporting to the Business Unit Manager you will be responsible for delivering world class performance within budget and to agreed metrics.
* Responsible for the performance of a maintenance across a 24/7 manufacturing process.
* Serve as subject matter expert for the maintenance team.
* Lead plant maintenance teams in the effective delivery of a robust Health & Safety culture, ensuring each and every team member owns the Health and Safety processes required to go home safely each and every day.
* Serve as SME and coach/teach "lean" and "reliability centred" maintenance across the plant.
* Provide common maintenance systems/processes to support plant Business plan and goals.
* Manage and provide technical support (knowledge, abilities and resources) across the plant.
* Serve as "team member" within the regional maintenance activity and support regional activities/goals.
* Coordinate R&M activities across the plant.
* Coach/Teach and champion problem solving across the plant to eliminate loss and waste.
* Lead plant maintenance team to world class levels, using documented standards and processes.
* Champion throughput improvement process across the plant.
* Lead spare parts and indirect materials inventory process through maintenance teams, setting standards and auditing process adherence.
A successful candidate for this Maintenance Manager role should have the following:
- An engineering qualification to degree level or equivalent, experience in Maintenance / Engineering
- Advanced experience in a leadership role, sound judgment and problem solving capabilities within tight time scales
- Excellent ability to delegate authority and responsibility effectively as well as proven written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate at all levels within and outside the organisation
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels, proven experience dealing within a manufacturing environment and finally strong planning skills and the ability to work under pressure and to urgent deadlines.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.