Lead M&E Maintenance Engineer - FM
LEAD M&E MAINTENANCE ENGINEER REQUIRED TO WORK ON A HIGH PROFILE COMMERICAL OFFICE CONTRACT WITH TOP-TIER M&E SERVICE PROVIDER
Salary: £36k - £39K plus Attractive Package
Sector: Facilities Management - Commercial / Office
Position: Lead M&E Maintenance Engineer
Region: Central London
Term: Permanent position
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our Central London division for a Lead M&E Maintenance Engineer to work on a large scale contract encompassing both landlord and occupier services. This particular position will require an electrically and/or mechanically qualified person to carry out PPM's and reactive maintenance on this high profile commercial office.
The building has many high-tech internal systems including an advanced building management system, intelligent air handling units, GSHP, chillers, boilers and cooling towers, so specific fault-finding and diagnosis skills will be required on these systems. The work will cover all Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health Issues including compliance with ACOP L8.
This is a Lead engineering position and as such will report directly into the Contract Manager and will have responsibility for 2 other engineers and an administrator on site. You will be required to be well presented as there will be client and key stakeholder contact and as such adhere to all health and safety regulations.
This is an electrically biased role, but will include some mechanical tasks and general maintenance as required. With a 3-5 year contract in place, this is a secure position with a highly regarded business, offering excellent career progression opportunities!
As Lead M&E maintenance Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with all PPM's and reactive maintenance issues with the electrical elements within a large high tech building unit.
- Responsibility for testing and fault finding in plant rooms and BMS systems
- General M&E maintenance including lighting and HVAC as well as some mechanical tasks
- Efficiently executing all maintenance jobs in line with the contract agreement and managing the workload of the other engineers.
- Working in collaboration with the onsite administrator to ensure that all contract reporting requirements are completed accurately and on time.
- Organize and manage sub-contractor visits
Hours - are on a shift Rota 7.00am till 4.00pm and 10.00am till 19.00am
THE CANDIDATE The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Formal city and guilds electrical and/or mechanical qualification
- Apprenticeship trained - Must have experience in a similar position
- Experience dealing with intelligent building systems and diagnosis of BMS systems.
- Understanding of statutory requirements including electrical safety along with general health and safety knowledge
- Excellent communication and skills
- Evidence of managing a team or other engineers
- An IOSH or other H&S qualification would be beneficial but not mandatory
THE BENEFITS The successful candidate can expect
- Salary of £34,000 - £39,000 depending on experience plus package
- Ability to work within a successful team environment but with a good degree of autonomy
- A position working for a highly regarded service provider with fantastic future opportunities
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.