Installation Team Member (Fitter)
Location: Kent, CT3 4JH
Salary: £ 18,000 - £19,200 - enhanced for hours worked over Annualised hours
Hours: Full time, 2080 hours per year (251 hours holiday inclusive) based on an annulised contract
Sheene Contract Solutions (SCS) offer the highest quality retail, outfitting and installation staff in the industry, backed by over 20 years of experience and accreditations. Our competent and skilled teams include supervisors, fitters, welders, carpenters, electricians and administration staff.
Duties of the Multi Skilled Installer (Fitter)
- To deliver the client installation requirements within SCS procedures and quality expectations.
- To resolve issues in a pragmatic, professional and experienced manner, so as to be able to explain your decisions and actions as and when challenged.
- To provide clear internal communications to supervisor, to include communications on project progress, existing issues, potential issues, suggested ideas of improvement etc. This will take the form of daily feedback opportunities and team meetings.
- To work efficiently and cost effectively in every aspect in recognition of business performance.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, suppliers and clients.
- To maintain high standards of professional integrity and respect for others in all dealings with clients, colleagues, suppliers, other professionals and members of the public.
- To develop and maintain appropriate boundaries of confidentiality between clients and other organisations.
- To act in accordance with SCS's current and future policies, procedures, guidelines (Staff Handbook) and relevant codes of practice, aiming to ensure the highest possible standards of service provision.
- To ensure continuous self-development, both professionally and personally, through training, supervision and other appropriate means.
Requirements of the Multi Skilled Installer (Fitter)
- A minimum of 2 years' work experience in installation, in the retail and commercial sectors.
- Good understanding of basic electrical installation.
- Good understanding of basic plumbing works.
- Good understanding of basic carpentry
- Good understanding of basic metal work
- Able to make appropriate decisions and be aware of their consequences.
- Good written & verbal skills.
- Able to maintain strict boundaries of confidentiality within and outside of the business.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to relate to a wide range of people at all levels.
- Possesses a good level of written, verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to work outside of core hours
- Clean driving licence as travel to SCS client sites will be necessary.
- Able to respond well to change.
- Willingness to undertake personal development
- Current passport
- Ability to use a tablet and related software
- Health & Safety
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSTS) qualification
- Platform work - working at heights (IPAF)
- CSCS Card - desirable if currently hold but can be obtained after employment
- First Aider
- Asbestos Awareness
- Experience of working within the shop fitting industry.
- Electrical qualification.
- Team management and leadership
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.