HR Business Partner
NCP are currently recruiting for a HR Business Partner. The purpose of this position is to work with the Head of Human Resources to drive forward the HR strategy, whilst providing a customer-focused HR service that meets the needs of the business. You will be taking responsibility for the day-to-day operational management of the Human Resources function whilst leading development across a number of key HR areas including the effective management of the operational teams and management of service level agreements.
This role will cover a large area of the south, including but not exclusive to; London, Suffolk, Norfolk, South West, South East and South Wales. As a result, a full, UK driving licence is essential.
NCP is the market leading and most recognised car park provider in the UK. They run over 500 car parks in town and city centres, airports and railway stations. Their clients include institutional, corporate and private landlords as well as local authorities and NHS trusts. With an annual turnover of around £250m they serve more than 60 million customers a year and sell parking at almost all UK airports and operate car parks at six leading airports.
The parking landscape has seen huge changes in the last decade and will continue to see innovations that transform the customer journey. It is no longer simply about manning car parks; it's about engaging with customers throughout their journey, from the very first step to their last.
And NCP is leading the way. As technologies evolve, it offers greater opportunities to create the parking experience of today, tomorrow and the future.
HR Business Partner - Main Responsibilities
- Understanding the leadership challenges for the business unit and the implications for development.
- Partnering with the Business Managers to define development solutions and provide 1:1 coaching for current and future leaders.
- Develop, build and motivate teams through behavioural challenging and facilitation.
- Assisting the Head of HR in promoting and maintaining partnership working with trade unions and staff.
- Ensuring staff within the business are continually developed
- Contributing to development activity through assisting with delivery of training and/or coaching courses.
- Overseeing and managing HR activities on a day to day basis.
- Working in partnership with managers at all levels to support them in fulfilling their staff management responsibilities through the provision, in person and through your team, of accessible, timely and user-friendly advice and guidance.
- Acting as the primary link between managers and the HR department.
- Partnering with the HR team to develop and deliver a staffing strategy and manpower plan.
- Developing and sustaining effective working relationships with staff organisations at local and national level.
- Developing action plans and address any deficiencies identified.
- Keeping fully abreast of corporate business priorities
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, shape the HR business strategy.
- Defining, developing and leading customised HR business plan and resources to deliver value and optimise business results.
- Supporting the Head of HR in the development, implementation, monitoring and review of employment policies in partnership with Trade Unions, Managers and the HR team to ensure compliance with employment legislation and promoting of best practice and effective
HR Business Partner -The Ideal Candidate
- Solid experience in HR or related field including experience influencing senior management and critical stakeholder levels.
- Significant experience in project management.
- Demonstrated experience in leading organisations through significant change.
- Experience in a consultative role, managing multiple priorities and projects with discipline and a structured process.
- Understands the value proposition of the business, commercially astute and able to deliver HR strategy.
- Familiar with current and future policies, practices, trends and information impacting the business or organisation.
- Familiar with Investors in People standard.
- Excellent management and team building skills and able to lead by example.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to analyse complex issues and make sound judgements.
- Strong customer-orientation.
- Proven ability to act as an internal partner to the business.
- Strategic thinking - to understand and input to manpower strategies of the business groups, and work at a strategic level.
- Creative thinking to help managers solve HR issues.
- CIPD at Member Level.
- Full UK driving licence is essential
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.