We have two excellent opportunities for HGV and Trailer Technicians to join our team in Widnes.
Job Title: HGV and Trailer Technician
Shift Pattern: 50 hours per week
Salary: £28,000 + Benefits including company pension and uniform
Stobart Group is an Infrastructure and Support Services business operating in the biomass energy, railway maintenance and aviation sectors as well as having investments in a property and logistics portfolio.
HGV and Trailer Technician - What's the role?
To carry out routine maintenance and repairs to the company's fleet of tractor units and trailers, in line with DVSA standards of compliance and safety. To assist in the routine maintenance of any mobile of fixed plant asset as required. To carry out all duties in a safe efficient manner following company policy and procedures at all times.
HGV and Trailer Technician - What will I be responsible for?
- Operating from a mobile workshop on a 4 x 4 shift pattern. Based on the company operating centre
- To carry out Vehicle and Trailer safety inspections, servicing, and repairs to DVSA standards of safety and compliance
- To maintain vehicle and trailer ancillaries and specialist body applications
- To assist whenever required with maintenance on mobile or fixed plant operated by the Products team
- Be ''on call'' during your shift pattern to attend on site vehicles or provide roadside assistance within a pre-determined area
- Ensuring that associated company maintenance records are retained to the highest level to ensure compliance whether legislative or to company procedures
- Updating Truckfile system with defect rectification repairs
- Effectively communicating repair downtime, estimated repair times and completed repairs to the operations Supervisor and planners as required
- Keeping up to date with news items and process updates as detailed on the Stobart Group intranet
HGV and Trailer Technician - Specific Responsibilities and Objectives
- To ensure that Stobart Biomass Fleet is legal, compliant and safe within the requirements of the Operator's Licence
- Vehicle and Trailer maintenance
- Vehicle administration
- Working within health and safety guidelines using approved SSOW
- Ensuring a clean and tidy work area at all times
To submit your CV for this exciting HGV and Trailer Technician opportunity, please click 'Apply' now.
For Stobart employees: If you are short-listed for an interview, you must inform your line manager in advance.
Keywords: HGV Fitter, HGV Trailer Mechanic, HGV Maintenance, Fleet Technician, Fuel Solutions Technician, Motor Vehicle Technician, HGV Mechanic.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.