We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Grundon we are currently looking for a Transfer Station FLT Operator to join our team based at Ewelme. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 40 hours per week and will receive a competitive salary.
We are the largest family-owned waste management company in the UK and we care as much about our employees as we do the environment. We aim to attract and retain high-quality, committed, enthusiastic, customer-focused individuals.
About the Transfer Station FLT Operator role
You will assist with the day-to-day operation of the Transfer Station. Operate Forklift Trucks (FLT's) to unload and load a wide range of vehicle types. Moving waste materials between storage and processing areas. Helping to keep the site clean and tidy. Assisting the team with segregation and storage of wastes. Promote high standard towards work, health and safety.
Key Responsibilities of our Transfer Station FLT Operator will include:
- Operate the Transfer Station FLT's competently and safely
- Maintenance of FLT's, including daily equipment checks, cleaning and greasing
- Loading and unloading palletised and non-palletised waste from vehicles such as vans, rigid flatbeds, box vehicles, curtain-side lorries, articulated lorries or tankers
- Checking loads are secure for transportation by road
- Moving waste into the Transfer Station storage buildings or processing areas
- Stacking waste in the correct storage bays
- Ensuring tidiness of the Transfer Station, including container storage areas
- Sweep and jet wash the yard to keep the Transfer Station clean and tidy
- Where necessary assisting the Transfer Station staff with other tasks, potentially off-site
- Be aware of personal responsibilities towards and health and safely
- Liaise with the site Safety Representative to promote high standards of safety
- Ensure full compliance with all Company policies and procedures including health and safety and employment.
- Any other duties, which will include duties at the Technical Transfer Station, as requested by the job holder's Manager or Supervisor that are within the skills and capabilities of the job holder.
Key Skills & Experience required by our Transfer Station FLT Operator:
- Industrial Telehandler FLT (below 9 meters) License
- Competent at operating FLT's safely and responsibly
- Basic understanding of the hazards of materials received at the Transfer Station
- Capable of working outside
- Strong desire to learn
- Strong team worker with ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work in busy environments
- Work within precise and stringent deadlines
- Flexible towards working hours to ensure the smooth operation of the Transfer Station
- Ability to offer ideas and thoughts for discussion to promote the development of the Transfer Station and the Department
- Full driving licence
If you would like to join our team as our new FLT Operator then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.