About Bowmill Engineering
Bowmill Engineering and Bowmill Metal Treatments are privately owned businesses operating predominantly in the global aerospace sector and employing 120 staff at facilities occupying more than 72,000 sq.ft. in Poole, Dorset and in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire. Bowmill has grown steadily over the last 12 years from its original factory in Poole to a business now operating 3 factories in Poole, a treatments facility and in 2016 a new facility in Tewksbury. The company relates its success in terms of quality, reliability and subsequent growth to its policy of only employing skilled self-motivated personnel.
Manufacturing extends to a wide and diverse range of machining and processing disciplines with products including hydraulic valve components, landing gear kit of parts, flying control assemblies and engine components. A high percentage of products are supplied sub-assembled & tested to customer specification, supplied when required direct to the customer final assembly utilising KANBAN and KIT logistic techniques. A wide scope of customer approvals is upheld by our AS9100 REV C and NADCAP processing approval. The business fully understands the global competitive market it operates in and recognises the service level expectations of its customers and as such continually utilises manufacturing and process improvement techniques.
Facility Quality Engineer
- Conduct machining, assembly, processing defect investigations
- Manage 8D RCCA / Quality Clinics
- Conduct daily workshop reviews/patrol for conformity/control [FAIR/CLASS 1/Non-conforming Product / SPC/KC
- Manage customer returns to strict time constraint
- Expedite Corrective Action
- Review effectiveness of Corrective & Preventative Actions
- Maintain QMS in line with AS9100 REV C & customer QA requirements
- Produce QA metrics & action plans resulting from KPI reviews
- Manage & conduct Internal Audits
- Manage QA training & training records
- Co-ordinate PFMEA & NPI
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.