We exist to improve the lives of the people we touch. In the areas of healthcare that we serve, we feel a deep and personal connection to our customers, many of whom rely on us to help them lead the life they want. Our vision is to be the most respected and successful MedTech company, worldwide. We drive for excellence in all we do - anticipating and addressing our customers' needs with advanced technologies and best-in-class products and services. Ours is a global business, well positioned for long term sustainable performance and culturally rooted in our core values of caring for people, continually driving innovation and excellence, and earning trust, every day and in everything we do.
We're currently recruiting for an Engineering Technician based at our Manufacturing facility in Rhymney, South Wales. The role is responsible for performing planned and reactive maintenance, as well as the Continuous Improvement of process and facilities equipment.
Continuous productivity improvement is one of our business priorities supporting this mission and continuous improvement, through Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, helps provide the integral skills and focus on our base businesses for fulfilling this mission.
Key Work-Related Aspects of the Role
* Maximising the uptime of the Rhymney site by performing planned and reactive maintenance, and continuous improvement of process and facilities equipment.
* Use of plant metrics e.g. OEE, plant downtime to drive continuous improvement of process equipment.
* Support the effective integration of new machinery/technology.
* Electrical and mechanical problem solving and fault diagnosis.
* Ability to determine appropriate safety standards for new and existing equipment and methods of installations.
* Following training, the applicant will be required to issue permits and host service contractors.
* Contribute towards electrical specifications to be included with machinery supply contracts and to conduct electrical safety evaluations on machinery and plant supplied.
* Capture engineering changes/modifications and oversee that all changes are updated to ConvaTec drawings.
Engineering | Electrical | Manufacturing | Engineering Technician | Technician | Medical Engineering | Medical
* HNC/ONC or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering preferred. Proven in the role of Qualified Person and experienced in managing electrical systems.
* An understanding of clean room or controller environment controls i.e. HVAC, Humidity and Pressure Cascades etc.
* Broad experience in Electrical Systems, Operations and Maintenance, with proven ability in the management of site infrastructure systems and services such as: Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems and control, Fire Protection systems, HV and LV Electrical networks.
* Fluent PC skills including MS Office, ideally MS Project, CAD.
* General knowledge of 17th Edition (BS-7671) IEE Regulations.
* Knowledge of SCADA systems would be advantageous.
About Our Company:
ConvaTec is a global medical products and technologies company focused on therapies for the management of chronic conditions, with leading market positions in advanced wound care, ostomy care, continence and critical care, and infusion devices. ConvaTec's products provide a range of clinical and economic benefits including infection prevention, protection of at-risk skin, improved patient outcomes and reduced total cost of care. ConvaTec has more than 9,000 employees and does business in more than 100 countries. Recently ConvaTec entered the FTSE 100 on the London Stock Exchange.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.