Calsonic Kansei has a unique opportunity available for an Senior Engineer to join the exciting new R&D Centre in Millbrook, Bedfordshire. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £40,968 - £47,689 per annum depending on experience plus benefits.
Calsonic Kansei is a Global Automotive Company with a Network of 78 Bases in 16 Different Countries. Our Calsonic Kansei Research and Development Technology Departments develop Innovative and cutting edge Products with focus on the themes of Safety, Environment, and Comfort with competitive Price, Quality and Performance.
With a strong presence across Europe, and with links to Calsonic Kansei's wider global R&D Network, our European Technology Centre is focused on providing close applied engineering support to our European customers. We are expanding our R&D Footprint within the UK by setting up a new Technical Centre based at Millbrook Vehicle Engineering Centre centrally located to the Major Automotive OEMs.
What are the responsibilities of the Senior Engineer?
- Contribute to the successful new project launch of exhaust systems.
- Deliver continuous improvement projects for exhaust product.
- Complete development activities to achieve Quality, Cost & Delivery targets for new launch projects (pre & post design handover).Conduct these activities in line with global development processes, CTC-EU quality management system & TS16949.
- Generate, progress & implement product improvement projects for example technical cost reduction.
- Contribute to the European market trends report for exhaust product design.
- Support achievement of group and functional commitments & targets.
- Development projects - Quality, Cost & Delivery performance
- Technical cost reduction target achievement
- Group & function - Key performance Indicators
What skills do I need to have to become an Senior Engineer?
- Exhaust systems design knowledge & experience.
- Acoustics, fluids & thermodynamics knowledge.
- Project management skills & experience
- Ability to analyse & solve problems using engineering tools & techniques e.g. FTA & FMEA
- Ability to use a variety of CAD systems. (NX & Catia)
- Ability to clearly write and present technical data & reports.
- Continuous improvement attitude
- Self-motivated & well organised
- Confidence to chair technical meetings & reviews
- Foreign language(s) would be advantageous
- Ideally possess Mechanical engineering degree or above
- Some flexibility in working time will be required to enable commitments & targets to be achieved.
Senior Engineer Working Hours
39 hours per week Monday - Friday. Additional hours are expected to be worked in line with business requirements. There will be a need to travel as part of the role to other Calsonic Kansei and customer sites as required, this may include international travel.
Why not click 'apply' today? Don't miss out on this opportunity to join develop your career as our Senior Engineer.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.