Role: Electrical Technician
Basis: Permanent or contract
Salary: Up to £37,500 pa up to £190 per day
Rate: Negotiable based upon qualifications, skills and experience
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Electrical Systems
Based: Midlands (with UK and overseas travel)
- Support for vehicle updates in terms of electrical maintenance, software and hardware upgrades of prototype test vehicles in the UK and overseas
- Vehicle fault analysis - use of diagnostic software toolsets, schematics and specifications to identify and resolve vehicle and lab-car based issues
- Preparation of prototype wiring harnesses and electro-mechanical assemblies throughout the vehicle development programme
- Support for data acquisition systems installation, data analysis and distribution
- Build support and maintenance for test vehicles, lab car and other rigs e.g. infotainment etc.
- Support for other verification/validation activities including in-market testing, rig testing, hardware-in-the-loop testing, EMC testing, telematics and system calibration. Generation of test plans and reports
- Provision of information and training to Manufacturing and After-sales departments and support for vehicle build
- Track record of working as an electrical technician (7 years +) within an automotive workshop or automotive OE environment
- Good understanding of vehicle electrical networks and systems (CAN, LIN and FlexRay). Training will be provided
- Practical experience of using laptop based vehicle diagnostic toolsets
- Practical experience of using data logging systems and lab equipment
- Practical experience of working with vehicle harness diagrams and system schematics
- Experience in aspects of vehicle repair outside of electrical systems would be advantageous
- Flexible, enthusiastic and self-motivated with good communication skills
- Industry recognised technician qualifications (BTEC ONC/HNC or an apprenticeship combined with relevant experience)
- Full driving licence is essential
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Chief Engineer.
Emerald Automotive LLC is a company specialising in the design, development and production of light-weight, low-emission and long-range commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Hazelwood, MO and incorporated in the United States in 2010, Emerald Automotive is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely). Emerald has design facilities both in Europe and USA and is currently undertaking several whole vehicle design and development for Geely.
For further information, please contact Bev Strawford at Emerald Design Automotive Ltd.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.