DIO is part of the Ministry of Defence (MOD). We play a vital role in supporting Defence by leading and managing the delivery of what the Armed Forces need to live, work, train and deploy on operations. Our people share the common goal of supporting our Armed Forces through management of the military estate.
Part of the Asset Strategy and Portfolio Directorate, which leads all strategic asset management and disposals activities, the Land Management Services (LMS) team underpin MOD’s operational capability by delivering a comprehensive, strategic and varied estate surveying service in support of Military outputs, delivering to all areas of the unique defence estate (UK and Overseas).
To help achieve our objective of equipping Defence with a smaller, more efficient and better quality estate we are seeking a motivated and suitably experienced/qualified Senior Estate Surveyor to join our established team within LMS. Supporting the Principal Estate Surveyor Overseas you will be responsible for delivering challenging and varied estate surveying outputs, services and subject matter expert advice across the UK NATO estate in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany and France. The ability to work in a team will be key. The post-holder has line management responsibility for a team of nine experienced staff.
Some of the benefits to working for DIO include:
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Flexi-time scheme upon completion of 6 months service
- Alternative working practices
- 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
- Generous maternity and paternity package
- Highly competitive pension scheme
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
If you are interested in learning more about the responsibilities of this role please follow the link to apply through Civil Service Jobs for further information and details of how to apply.
For more information and to apply, please click the 'Apply' button.
Closing Date: 30/01/17