Design Engineer - Interior and Exterior - Body and Cab Trim - Oxfordshire
We are a new cutting edge electric vehicle technology company with a fresh, innovative start- up culture providing opportunities to grow and develop. We are developing a radical concept of electric power technology, focused primarily on commercial vehicle applications and we are the Official Electric Truck Partner of the FIA Formula E Championship, supplying electric trucks at events around the world.
Due to continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and focused Design Engineer to contribute to the design and development of the interior and exterior of the body and cab trim in terms of styling, feasibility and customer quality delivering entire systems and components. Using your expertise gained within an automotive environment you will be required to produce CAD models and detailed drawings in Solidworks, Catia v6 and NX CAD and will have responsibility for engineering design, release and launch of A Class' plastic mouldings, including painted, mould in colour, chromed components for future vehicle lines.
Design Engineer Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating closely and working with the A' surface and BIW teams working across a variety of vehicle systems for commercial vehicles.
- To develop components from concept through to production
- To produce CAD designs from concept to finished model and creation of final data package for engineering release where applicable
- Supporting and investigating resolution of build issues during pre-production builds and launch phase.
- Providing engineering support and generally supporting the team with tasks and projects as required.
- To liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to produce designs that are cost effective and that can be produced at the required production volumes.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a great team player with competence and practical application of working within a technical environment of interior/exterior design, development and testing.
As a Design Engineer you will also need to have an enquiring and can do' approach with strong attention to detail and the ability to develop positive working relationships together with expertise in CAD Solid Works and ideally Solidworks, ATLAS and Catia v6 as well as complex surfacing using NX CAD.
If you feel you have got what it takes to be our Design Engineer, we would love to hear from you.
Design Engineer (Automotive)
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.