Main Scope of Role
The main focus of the Control Systems Engineer is to ensure equipment integrity and fitness for purpose and lead local enhancement of safety, reliability and production throughput relating to all on site Control Systems Equipment.
- Act as the site subject matter expert (SME) for all control systems maintenance tasks to enhance safety, reliability and production throughput in line with site objectives
- Ensure the technical integrity of control systems equipment to ensure that product, process and systems meet specified requirements
- Interpret business-wide standards and policy and ensure that they are understood and applied appropriately at site level and deliver legal compliance
- Define technical specifications and acceptance testing standards for both hardware and software for all control systems tasks, changes and enhancements to ensure standardisation on site
- Support the learning and development of the site Control Systems team through the provision of coaching and mentoring to ensure that the team is fully equipped to deliver their objectives
- Lead, develop and motivate the site based Control Systems Team, including the IT Coordinator, to ensure that they are engaged and equipped with the skills, knowledge and guidance to deliver maximum systems efficiency
- Ensure all system enhancements are correctly specified and are completed to the agreed schedule and prioritisation
- Ensure all platform enhancements are within the accepted site software safety case
- Ensure all site stable control system platform changes are controlled, authorised and documented in line with company standards
- Lead site based control systems defect elimination initiatives to minimise production downtime
- Lead a cross business expert group to facilitate standardisation of approach and the sharing of good practice.
- Demonstrate the highest personal health and safety standards at all times and work effectively with other team members to carry out the tasks safely and effectively
The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of the British Standards for Engineering Plant, Equipment and Practices and a detailed understanding of industrial control equipment
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Chartered Electrical (control system bias) Engineer or extensive equivalent experience
- Membership of Institution of Electrical Engineers or equivalent
- NEBOSH General Safety Certificate
- Experience in management of Honeywell Experion industrial Distributed Control Systems would be preferred
- Proven experience of leading pragmatic maintenance practices
- Practical experience of a manufacturing process and the relative criticality of plant including the deployment of reliability centred maintenance principles)Proven track record in delivering control system maintenance improvement programmes
- Manage complex and conflicting requirements in a multi-site environment
- Ability to effectively lead a cross business technical team to deliver increased control system reliability and cost efficiency
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to build strong professional relationships and influence the delivery of standards and actions through others
- Passion to succeed with a desire to broaden knowledge and experience
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to non-technical colleagues
- Coaching and mentoring skills along with a focus on continuous improvement
What's in it for you?
- Pension and Life Insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Buy holiday scheme
We are an equal opportunities employer and applicants are welcome to apply regardless of age, disability, gender, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic origin, religion or sexual orientation.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on 'Apply' and follow a short application process.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.