This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference and develop your career, delivering multi-disciplinary enginerering design input for major water projects in the north west of England.
CH2M is in a Joint Venture with Volker Stevin (the Joint Venture is known as C2V+) that has been successful in securing one of the Construction Delivery Partner (CDP) positions with United Utilities. The CDPs are a key element to United Utilities strategy for the delivery of their AMP6 investment plan and for fulfilling their commitment to provide class leading service to their customers.
United Utilities is one of the largest water and sewerage companies in England; both in terms of population and geographical spread. As a result, C2V+ is getting the opportunity to deliver a varied portfolio of work that encompasses Water and Wastewater treatment plant upgrades and improvement works to both the wastewater collection and potable water distribution systems.
The capital value of the delivery projects covers a wide range; some are in the £40m+ bracket through to those at around the £1m.
We are looking for staff who delight in developing multi-disciplinary detailed design solutions with the construction team and enjoy working in the fast moving pace of the design-and-construct arena.
You will work as part of a co-located team and you can expect to be involved in the refurbishment of treatment works, pipework, layout development, pumping stations, outfalls etc. You will also gain experience in tender design as well as detailed design under a design and build environment.
Within this job you can expect to:
- Assist with the overall coordination and production of the multi-disciplinary designs from tender to completion of construction.
- Help co-ordinate the design team throughout the delivery period.
- Input into risk management.
- Assist with client engagement and stakeholder consultation.
- Develop innovative solutions that deliver the clients brief.
- Adopt a proactive approach to innovation, sustainability and delivering cost effective solutions.
- Help support and mentor the junior delivery teams.
- Participate in design reviews on a regular basis to identify potential design and buildability issues.
- Serve as mentor for more junior employees.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
Candidates will have a minimum BEng Degree in relevant subject and will be a Chartered Engineer or close to achieving Chartership with a recognised professional body (ICE or similar). You will have significant experience of the UK Water Industry alongside a comprehensive Technical Construction knowledge and proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs.
Applicants will also exhibit the following skills and experience:
- Have knowledge of BIM and its implementation.
- Client focused to help build long term relationships.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Motivated member of the team.
- Proven experience of coordination and delivery to deadline and evidence of problem resolution in the process.
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We're full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner Engineers without Borders', Water for People' and Bridges to Prosperity'. We're STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women's engineering network to promote equality in our industry.Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.