We have an excellent opportunity for a Business Manager - Wood Fuels to join our team in Widnes.
Job Title: Business Manager - Wood Fuels
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:30
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience + Benefits including company pension and uniform
Stobart Group is an Infrastructure and Support Services business operating in the biomass energy, railway maintenance and aviation sectors as well as having investments in a property and logistics portfolio.
Business Manager - Wood Fuels - What's the role?
To manage and oversee the Stobart Wood Fuel customer accounts by maintaining current accounts and taking an active role in tendering for new accounts. Build and maintain current customer relationships by ensuring the consistent delivery of customer service goals with the Wood Fuel team and by regularly reviewing their needs and long term direction. Drive maximum profitability for the Wood Fuel department through prompt billing and cash collection.
Business Manager - Wood Fuels - What will I be responsible for?
- Oversee and manage the pricing structure with new customers to ensure maximum profitability
- Deal with any queries or disputes in relation to these accounts in a timely manner
- Oversee haulage requirements for all customers
- Working with the customer services department ensure the correct environmental requirements are in place before any loads are delivered
- Oversee the creation of tickets for haulage loads when required
- Carry out site visits and produce detailed reports for senior management upon return
- Ensure the profitability of the Wood Fuel Department through prompt billing and cash collection
- Ensure that customers are billed promptly and any 'extra' activities are captured and billed
- Work through customer complaints efficiently and effectively to minimise the impacts of claims arising from noncompliance, damages etc.
- Ensure payment for all activities is prompt and issues are resolved within the contracted payment period
- Produce and maintain a customer profitability report with the support of the finance department
- Build and maintain the basis for long term relationships by regularly reviewing customer's needs and long term direction
- Continuous engagement with customer key contacts to ensure the department keeps informed of developing needs and support required and also identify new opportunities for further business development
- Exploit business opportunities that arise from existing and new customer core activities'
- Identify and develop new customer accounts which are targeted in the areas that will complement existing and future growth
- Ensure the consistent delivery of customer service goals
- Monitor daily performance and make the necessary intervention to deal with an escalating customer service issues
- Conduct regular customer reviews, ensuring customers are ed with internal results and root cause any gaps
- Take the lead, working with other departments on tenders for fuel supply customers
- Take the lead on tender responses and submit information in the required timescales
- Take an active role in rate negotiations and assessment of profitability
- Monitor and report sales against weekly targets
- Management of the CRM system to ensure all functionalities are fully utilised to benefit the department, customer and the business
- Undertake training and provide advice and support as required in order to raise staff awareness of company procedures
- Monitor and manage the performance of all team members by providing constructive feedback and setting SMART objectives through the probationary and appraisal procedures
To submit your CV for this exciting Business Manager - Wood Fuels opportunity, please click apply now.
For Stobart employees: If you are short-listed for an interview, you must inform your line manager in advance.
Keywords: Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Head of Department, Sales Coordinator, Head of Client Services, Key Account Manager.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.