Convergence Group has an exciting opportunity for a 1st Line Engineer to join their team based in Solihull. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of £18,000 - £22,000 per annum.
The successful 1st Line Engineer will provide a single point of contact for our customers to report network faults to Convergence Group. The Service Desk provides support 24 x 7 x 365 across the entire client base whilst delivering an excellent customer service experience. The role is a key position within the organisation and will be instrumental in building customer relationships, delivery of Services and customer retention.
We have a fantastic team who have a great work ethic and provide a high level of customer service, but we need more individuals like this. If you pride yourself in excellent customer service and want to work for an organisation that will support your career goals and offer you the opportunity to develop then we want to hear from you!
This isn't a typical 1st Line Support role! Our main objective is provide the best service, resolving clients issues as quickly and seamlessly as possible! The environment is dynamic, fun, fast paced with a real sense of collective ownership.
What you will be doing as our 1st Line Engineer:
- Deliver customer service to our client base always striving to deliver excellent Customer service. Providing 24/7/365 technical support for our customer base
- Respond to customer incidents and requests raised by telephone, email and the monitoring software in a timely manner providing regular updates on progress and manage the customers' expectations
- Respond within the incident response time, prioritising work according to severity and using verbal communication as the your main communication tool
- Complete full diagnostics once the ticket is logged, within the set KPI's, before passing this to the next team.
- Ensuring faults are escalated and resolved within the customer contracted Service Level
- Pro-actively monitor customer networks via Convergence Groups internal monitoring system, investigating, troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Incident management and technical resolution of 1st line network related faults and timely escalation to 2nd line when required
- Manage Supplier escalations, logging faults with 3rd party suppliers and proactively managing them through to resolution
- Maintaining and updating the fault management systems throughout the Incident lifecycle
- Engage and proactively feedback on system and process improvement
- Provide the customer with a key contact during the incident lifecycle
What are we looking for in our 1st Line Engineer:
- Ideally previous work experience within a busy customer service centre in a Telecoms, Data Centre or IT
- Studying towards or gained an IT qualification
- Able to demonstrate previous experience of working high pressure environments and dealing with pressurised situations
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our 1st Line Engineer then please click 'apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!
The successful candidate will be required to undergo Baseline Personnel Security Vetting Standard (BPSS) and may be required to undergo Security Clearance (SC)
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.